Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Happy Super Duty Owners

superdutyspvsuperdutyspv Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
Hi all! I have a 2000 F-250 Super Duty,SC,LB,4X4,ORP,V-10,TOWING PACKAGE,3:73's,ROOF CLEARANCE LIGHTS,FOG LIGHT (ADDED THOSE), GRILLE GUARD, BUG SHIELD,WINDOW WEATHER GUARDS, FENDER FLARES,FORD BEDLINER,POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW,WOOD GRAINED DASH,DAWS BETTER BUILT TOOL BOX AND TONNEAU,MANIK TAIL LIGHT GUARDS, GORHINO!WHEEL TO WHEEL SS TUBULAR RUNNING BOARDS, AND A K&N AIR FILTER.

I LOVE my truck! I have 38,000 miles on it, and NOT one problem. It drives and handles great! It is extremely comfortable for me. I love the seats, the engine, every thing! This truck IS MY DREAM TRUCK! I used top travel all over the country with my job, and I drove my truck! (I went from coast to coast, and many states in between.) This truck rules! As long as they make Super Duties, this is all I am ever going to drive! It tows my trailer like it wasn't even there! Handles all kinds of weather, no problems. I would like a beefier tire for off-road though. Anyway.... let's talk all you satisfied Super Duty owners! There are a lot of us out there!

Comments

• Options
    swooshmanswooshman Member Posts: 56
    My dad has a 2001 Ford F250, powerstroke diesel, 3.73 limited slip, towing package, 4X4 off road package, platinum edtion, K&N filter, 6 disc cd, heated leather, crew cab, electric shift transfer, fog lights, automatic, etc... (most all the options)

He has around 11000 Kms on this truck and loves it!!! Spent the whole summer on the west coast salmon fishing and towing his 28 foot american star travel trailer.. Great fuel milage and tows the heavy trailer like it wasn't even there... I have some other threads posted in another topic (platinum edition) on this forum.. Even a pic of the truck...

Swoosh Man
  • Options
    pipesmokerpipesmoker Member Posts: 23
    I'm loving my 2002 F-250 Super Duty 4x4 V-10. I have just turned over 500 miles. All available options were purchased. This truck is loaded and I'm loving it.

I've just purchased a tool box (metal) and some Husky floor mats. I am also considering other options... any suggestions??? I note K&N filters mentioned allot. What's this all about?? Also, what about dual exhaust???

So far my truck is great!! Per the onboard computer I'm averaging 10-11 MPG in the city.

I don't miss my GMC Suburban a bit.

pipesmoker - Dothan, Alabama
  • Options
    jcave1jcave1 Member Posts: 137
    Can't beleive nearly a year has passed since I took possesion of my 2001 250 PSD, SB, 4X4. The harder I work it the better it performs. Lots of these in the Pacific Northwest. Every owner I've talked with, which has been several, are completely thrilled with the rig. After a year, I still can't find a single thing that I don't like.

Enjoy yours Pipesmoker as I know you will.

Toys just get bigger and better. Albeit, more expensive.
  • Options
    frankno1frankno1 Member Posts: 68
    Had my F250 4X4 SD CC V10 since last XMAS, haven't been into garage except for oil changes and normal maintenance. Drove it to Alaska and back over hill and dale. Pulled a 8000lb load up and back. Only averaged 8.5 to 9.0 mpg pulling load. When I got home discovered the lock on front wheel hub had been in the "L" position all the way. Can't wait to next trip to see what my real mileage will be. More power than I could ever use. Happy trucking.
    Frankk
  • Options
    white250white250 Member Posts: 68
    01' F250 black 5.4 3.73 sc swb 4x4
    captains chairs
    trailer tow mirrors
    trailer tow pkg.
    off road pkg
    a/t tires
    step bars
    tinted windows
    slider window
    keyless entry
    6 disc changer
    remote starter
    rhino liner
    hard "flip" tonnue cover
    I got 240 miles on it, all city & averaged 13 miles per gallon.
  • Options
    allmans33allmans33 Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up my 02 lariet dark shadow grey/blk s/c 5.4 lt eng loaded everything truck is awsome looking it has 56 miles so far.. ordered 8/26 arrived sept 29 from kentucky,2 weeks earlier than expected. heated seats adj.gas brake pedal 6cd changer esof 40/20/40 med flint interior awsome!!!!
  • Options
    fordbluefordblue Member Posts: 13
    Coming up on 11 months that I took delivery of my 01 250SD (CC,V10,4WD,SB,4:30,XLT, snugtop tonnau,chrome tube steps,Ford rubber mats). This has been one awesome Rig. I've pulled my 27 foot, 7000 lb, Prowler TT on four separate camping trips and can say the Rig's got plenty of power. Got plenty of steep mountains here in Arizona and my SD has handled them all very nicely. Going up 6-7% grades and coming down I feel very comfortable in the 'Rig', it gives you a sense of having total control. Have had zero problems. I change my own oil (Walmart carries the 5W20 Motorcraft oil). I too avg about 10-11.5 city, 12 to 14.5 hwy, 7.5 to 9 pulling. Anyway it's been happy Trucking for me so far.
    Fordblue in Tucson, Arizona
This discussion has been closed.