Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

cleaning hub caps

raallyraally Member Posts: 3
Any suggestions on how I can clean my wire spoke Cadillac hub caps? I tried different products and none of them seams to get that brake dust off the spokes or inside the little spaces.

Comments

• Options
    oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    I had a customer some years ago, an elderly man (older than me :<) ) who waited until his wife was out for a while, then took the top rack out of the dishwasher o his wire spoke caps would fit in the lower rack. He had nice clean wheel covers most of the time.

Harry
  • Options
    oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    you could probably do as well with a low price pressure washer.

Harry
  • Options
    bretfrazbretfraz Member Posts: 2,021
    What have you tried?

Eagle One used to sell a two-step wire wheel cleaner that worked great. But that was when you could sell acid in a bottle and not get sued by every dumb consumer.

Nowadays it's mostly "spray on - hose off" products which work OK but not great.

You might need to remove them and use a small brush to agitate the crud. A high pressure hose will help too.
  • Options
    kinleykinley Member Posts: 854
    works on the 66 Mustang wire wheel covers better than the dishwasher did. The 2300# power washer is reserved for the wheels on the 94 Towncar. If you use the power washer, please let us know how it worked for you.
  • Options
    raallyraally Member Posts: 3
    I will try the product and let you know how it worked.
This discussion has been closed.