Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Toyota

image2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Long-Term Road Test

It's time for our 2014 Toyota Highlander to receive its first regular service at Toyota Santa Monica.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    how about when someone picks up the car they ask about the buy three tires get one free. i'd love to see an "out the door" price and have it compared to a stoke's quote.
  • kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Is that the end of this article? You dropped it off at the dealership? Was there some advantage to posting this BEFORE you picked it up as opposed to giving us details like, I don't know... cost? What needed to be done at 5k?

Did your Service Minder really tell you to get an oil change at 5k? Seems a little low - generally its around 7500+ miles.
  • 84cressida84cressida Member Posts: 0
    Always a welcome sight to see a Land Cruiser.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    kirkhilles, all the Toyota 3.5 liter V6 engines have the 5k service interval. Everybody raves about Toyota reliability, but they have the shortest service intervals of any carmaker, and they DON'T have free service during the warranty period, which many makers do. Oh, and yes, I agree that there was no point to making a post about simply dropping a car off for service.
  • tirekickingtirekicking Member Posts: 30
    fordson, Toyota gives 2yr/25k of free maintenance.
  • rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Toyota has a 10,000 mile oil change interval on the V6 Highlander (at least they do for the 2013). We took ours in at 5,000 miles, and the dealer did a visual check, but noted on the service order that oil is synthetic and did not require changing. When asked about it, the dealer confirmed a 1yr or 10,000 mile oil change interval for V6 Highlanders. Page 54 of the warranty and maintenance book further confirmed this to be the case. So, we go back next month for fresh synthetic under Toyota's free scheduled maintenance program. Free maintenance and extended intervals. Works for us!