Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long-Term Road Test

The pros and cons of racing the Edmunds.com's long-term road test of the 1997 Mazda Miata.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Love this entry, Dan! Well said!
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    Get thee to a kart track good sir. You can go wheel-to-wheel racing without risk of smashing up your daily driver, and it is cheaper too. Cal Speed at Auto Club Speedway has a pretty fantastic arrive-and-drive program, $125 gets you full kart and equipment rental, 10 minute practice session, GWC qualifying, 2 10 lap heats, and a 15 lap main. Its competitive too. I lap people (twice, often) at my local indoor track, but only wound up 80 out of 100 last time I went out at Cal Speed.
  • I identify with this post completely. My "project miata" currently receiving a new rear subframe, rear upright, rear upper control arm, front upper control arm, inner tie rod, wheel, and diff housing from my last off at an HPDE. An estimate for a "race car paintjob" is forthcoming... I wasn't even racing...