Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

The backup camera on our 2013 Cadillac ATS isn't very good.

Read the full story here

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Image quality is awful. But I'm torn on the graphics. The lines indicating where the car is going are much thinner than I've seen on other cars. This is nice because it obscures less of the image than thicker lines do. But it also looks a little dated. Like they borrowed the graphics from Battlezone http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/Atari_BattleZone_Screenshot.png
  • glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Yikes. That color balance is awful.

There's no excuse for this on a car of this caliber.
  • greg128greg128 Member Posts: 529
    The last 2 images were obviously taken when it was dark, with only the Back-up lights providing lighting. How about a comparison with another car under the same circumstances.

I have seen the back-up camera in a Chevy Equinox during the day and it seemed fine to me. I doubt that Cadillac would have an inferior system compared to a Chevy. I hope this isn't a case of anti-GM bias.
  • se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    greg128 - The last 2 images were obviously taken in an ILLUMINATED parking garage, making the poor quality images all the more unacceptable.
  • eclogiteeclogite Member Posts: 48
    "Cool tech features like CUE".

Haven't some of the editors unfavorably compared it to MFT, but worse? How is that cool?