Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Long-Term Road Test

Driving home from Laguna Seca in out 1997 Mazda Miata.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Pretty all right? The Honda Pilot over at the next pump, with twice the weight, twice the displacement and a lot more drag, will get 23.5 mpg at 65 mph.

And yes, I know rain will degrade mileage...like maybe 1 mpg.
  • alex4515alex4515 Posts: 29
    Makes me think of a trip home from Phoenix to Dallas after Thanksgiving of 2009 - my wife, my 9 month old son and I took the northern route and drove through slush/snow/ice/rain etc. for about 5-6 hours of the first leg. It was definitely a trip I will never forget!
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    That's similar ileage to what I get from my far less powerful, carburated '72 MGB.

What's the status of the new engine? Are you mining, smelting, and forging the parts yourselves?
  • duck87duck87 Posts: 649
    Greaet lead photo shot Kurt (I guess it's a given...); that fuel economy isn't bad considering the trackday thrown in...
  • Did you guys remove the side windows? Why?

Was already wondering when I read your comments on the waterproof jacket...
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    That's fantastic mileage for a track day.

The most stressful drive I ever had was a trip back from Laguna Seca in the rain. I decided to take the long scenic route home down Highway 1. And once I reached the point of no return, the clouds opened.