Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2013 Ford Focus ST and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• vizcarmbvizcarmb Member Posts: 13
    Have you ever thought of poking your head out of the window you lazy [non-permissible content removed] [non-permissible content removed]
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    ^^What is this technology you speak of?
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    For $80-90 bucks you can get a license plate mounted rear view camera from AutoZone yes the screen is small and not the clearest, but it works.
  • aggie94aggie94 Member Posts: 15
    There are two good solutions: gentex auto-dim rear view mirror w/ lcd ($250) plus camera ($15+), 3-4 hours install. There is also a $500 device that allows the camera image to show on the mft screen, more involved installation. Both work when the backup lights are activated. I own an ST and went with the mirror. It pays for itself considering my wife will run into my motorcycle less often.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    ^^Nice tips, y'all
  • austin_spriteaustin_sprite Member Posts: 1
    There are already some aftermarket options starting to trickle in. Apparently you can make use of the existing wiring harness, since it's the same as the Titanium. You buy an aftermarket camera and then install a piggyback control module onto the MfT, and voila, you get the rear camera onscreen when you put it in reverse. Costs $750-1000.

You could also connect a small Android tablet running 'Torque' to the OBDII port and have an alternate rear view. Again, camera connected to stock wiring. Then there are wireless stand alone systems, etc.