Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Finding the garment hangers in our 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "One thing that stood out was a post by Erin, who was taking the car to NY for me, and addressed the Porsche's lack of garment hangers."

And if you had read the 5 comments to that post (one sentence apiece - not heavy reading), you would have seen the it does have garment hangers and where they're located. I am mystified that some of the Edmunds folk just will not read these comments - lots of people who comment OWN these cars and HAVE RTFM.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @fordson1: You hit it on the nail. Regrettably, chances are that he won't read the comments on this one either......
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Oddly, Eriches is one of the few who actually take the time to dabble amongst the great unwashed (that's us, the internet); so reading that line in this blog posting is pretty amusing.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Of course a Porsche has garment hangers they are designed to be daily drivers. Credit has to be given to Porsche and their philosophy. They certainly focus on building some of the best performance cars on the planet but they also intend for them to be daily drivers. Most people who buy them won't use a $100,000 car for trips to Target but that's what Porsche keeps in mind when engineering their cars. They are the only German/European car I know of that has air conditioning capacity that rivals Americans. They are tested in the hottest deserts, blowing blizzards, and torrential rains. Dr. Porsche even stated that he hated when people bought his cars and then put them in garages. His cars were meant to be driven. This a video of the testing Porsche does on their cars.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS90XYXi1xg

The only other ultra high performance car I know that has to pass this kind of testing is the Corvette. GM did a video that said that the Corvette has to pass all the durability tests that the rest of their vehicles must go through. One article even said the ZR-1 seems to perform better with the A/C on than when it's off.