Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Introduces New 1.5-liter EcoBoost Engine for 2014 Fusion

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

imageFord Introduces New 1.5-liter EcoBoost Engine for 2014 Fusion

Ford announced today the fifth member of the EcoBoost turbocharged and direct-injected engine family, a 1.5-liter four-cylinder that sees first use in the 2014 Fusion.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    If this engine comes to the US the Ford salesmen will be under the threat of being fired if they tell a customer that 1.5 liters is to fit in with Chinese requirements.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    Many of the ecoboosts don't deliver any improvement in mpgs over non turbos in real world driving, plus the reliability would worry me in these little ones.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    I took the 1.6 liter for a lengthy test drive, and some reviews refer to that Eco-Boost engine as "spirited." The chassis on the new Fusion is great, but the small 1.6 turbo engine is slow, has plenty of lag, and as shatner pointed out, reliability is an issue with turbo engines, most aparently at over 50K miles. I had a turbo A4, and the real world fuel economy was not any where close to EPA estimates. These engines are fine for small cars, but not in larger applications. BMW produced a great idea in 2007, when they had a hydrogen 7 that ran on both liquid hydrogen and gasoline. Other then a few celebs, no onw bought it due to lack of infrustructure. I wish Ford and GM would go that rout which would force a change in the industry.