Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2012 Volkswagen Beetle Long-Term Road Test

Swapping Tires on our long-term 2012 Volkswagen Beetle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    It is way easier with the lift. And with a car that has lug bolts like the Beetle instead of lug nuts, it's even easier if you just barely get the tires off of the floor before doing the swap instead of having them a foot and a half up in the air, and then you have to hold them there with one hand (or with your jeans-clad legs...) while you get the first bolt started. Those things are over 50 lbs. apiece.
  • Options
    diondidiondi Member Posts: 71
    Agreed, and I find it very annoying that German manufacturers use lug bolts instead of studs and nuts.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I've had 3 cars with them. I'm so used to jacking up just barely off the floor that I don't notice any difference between the two arrangements. I have encountered broken-off and buggered-up studs and bolts, and replacing a bad bolt is a lot easier than replacing a bad stud.
  • Options
    huybuihuybui Member Posts: 0
    nice looking Porsche!
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    time for Edmunds to purchase a couple of jumpsuits for the team to do quick work in.