Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

A discussion of the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG's loose iPod jack.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hooninaroundhooninaround Member Posts: 40
    I completely agree. Manufactures should move away from manufacturer specific connections and interfaces, specially since there is now a wide range of devices that can connect via USB. I personally have never owned an Iphone or Ipod (not that I am biased against Apple, I am just used to other devices). That being said, I am not sure if these connections would put me off buying a certain vehicle, but it would make me think about it. I am glad to see that a large majority of vehicles do use the generic USB connection.
  • zcalvertzcalvert Member Posts: 76
    no need to worry. I'm sure your local dealership will be happy to fix it correctly, promptly, and with excellent communication! oh wait...
  • wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    zcalvert, you forget to add that their local dealership is also sure to fix it right the first time! LOL
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I can't imagine the outrage if the Ford Focus had as many niggling issues as this car. I thought Mercs attention to detail had improved.