Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

A discussion of the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG's loose iPod jack.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I completely agree. Manufactures should move away from manufacturer specific connections and interfaces, specially since there is now a wide range of devices that can connect via USB. I personally have never owned an Iphone or Ipod (not that I am biased against Apple, I am just used to other devices). That being said, I am not sure if these connections would put me off buying a certain vehicle, but it would make me think about it. I am glad to see that a large majority of vehicles do use the generic USB connection.
  • zcalvertzcalvert Posts: 76
    no need to worry. I'm sure your local dealership will be happy to fix it correctly, promptly, and with excellent communication! oh wait...
  • wdrauchwdrauch Posts: 22
    zcalvert, you forget to add that their local dealership is also sure to fix it right the first time! LOL
  • throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    I can't imagine the outrage if the Ford Focus had as many niggling issues as this car. I thought Mercs attention to detail had improved.