Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan IDx Nismo and Freeflow Aimed at Alienated

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Nissan

imageNissan IDx Nismo and Freeflow Aimed at Alienated

The Nissan IDx Nismo and IDx Freeflow are targeted at alienated young buyers who are disinterested in cars. The concepts were introduced at the 2013 Tokyo Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Judging by lack of airbag, this car is for those disinterested in life as well
  • Options
    ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    I would consider this. Insert a nice little 1.6 to 1.8 200+hp out of the Juke ,FWD, 20k ish and bring out both versions
  • Options
    se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    Reminds me of a 1st generation Toyota Celica.
  • Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    No clutch pedal? :(
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    @se_riously: you beat me to it, I was going to say that it reminds me of my '71 Celica GT, the first car I ever bought myself ($100 in 1983)
  • Options
    fullrunxifullrunxi Member Posts: 5
    @ks55, I'm pretty sure you just described a Scion TC; These are RWD and look like they're intended to be an homage/successor to the Datsun 210/510 coupes, which is just fine by me. Sell it for a bit less than an FR-S and let me know where to sign up.
  • Options
    aznableaznable Member Posts: 3
    Awesome.
  • Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145
    Datsun 510/Bluebird is what first came to my mind, particularly the one in GT3 livery. I thought it was too boxy for a 1st gen Celica and the 210 isn't as homage-worthy.
  • Options
    evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    guess I'm the only one who saw squished challenger?
  • Options
    engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    I was reminded of the first generation Celica notchback myself. Feel free to take a look: http://www.cargenerations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Toyota_Celica_T22_01.jpg
  • Options
    cjw89cjw89 Member Posts: 0
    What the heck is this!?
    Where is our S16 Nissan!!!
    We Want S16! We Want S16! We Want S16!

After that, THEN you can play with introducing a modern retro bluebird.
  • Options
    cjw89cjw89 Member Posts: 0
    What the heck is this!?
    Where is our S16 Nissan!!!
    We Want S16! We Want S16! We Want S16!

After that, THEN you can play with introducing a modern retro bluebird.
  • Options
    ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    Fullabullzi- I know well and good what a Scion TC looks like and no I am not confusing it with one. RWD jockeys who can "only" consider something unless it is RWD and manual stick shift are such snobs. Some of us need better traction in snow and ice and after 20 cars with stick ( every one) I had enough .......Hope that's ok and meets your approval. I just would like this better if it were FWD with a LSD on the front.....actually just like my 93Nissan Sentra SE-R that I had from 93 to 95.