Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Confessions of an Auto Auctioneer

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in General
Confessions of an Auto Auctioneer

The average car shopper should avoid auto auctions, where specialized knowledge is a must. But if you're determined to go, learn from this veteran auctioneer's experiences.

Read the full story here

Comments

• juniatacountyjuniatacounty Member Posts: 1
    The writer of this article said not-a-word about BID ROLLING. Bid Rolling is the very crafty art-form, and fraud, of getting the (current) high-bidder to raise his or her own bid against another-bidder- who-simply-does-not-exist... Bid Rolling occurs perhaps only once during any one sale item. But it may happen on several different items during an auction. Bid Rolling can occur at any auction.
  • jj_77jj_77 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting my dealer's license and honestly just looking to buy a few cars a month and hopefully sell them quickly. dont wanna rip anyone off and dont wanna get stuck with vehicles i cant sell either. your post was very informative to a novice like myself.
    Thanks.
  • sp_1994sp_1994 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Steve, I heard you're near Atlanta and I'm in need of a car for about 3 months. Someone recommended you and please let me know if you have any available cars (<$3000) for 3 months. Thanks!