Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Air Conditioning smells

haas2haas2 Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
I have a 1998 Chrysler Concord that is producing a very nasty smell through the air conditioning and heating system. I've tried spraying a solution of water and bleach and some store bought items in the air intake but no luck. The dealer wants to use a deodorizer but I think that will just mask the real problem. Any ideas?

Comments

• brorjacebrorjace Posts: 588
    I don't know of a permanent solution but there are a few things you can do to minimize the smell:

#1, don't run your A/C with the recirculate button. Use the fresh air setting as much as possible.

#2, try to turn off the A/C a few minutes before you arrive at your destination to allow air to flow through the ducting without it being chilled and forming condensation.

#3, One per week, spray lysol under your hood (look for the intakes at the base of the windshield) with the fan running. This helps knock down the mold and mildew.

--- Bror Jace
  • tomj5tomj5 Posts: 209
    A relative had a Dodge that had the same problem. It turned out to be a clogged drain in the AC exchanger. It was hard to fix. Sounds like the Dealer knows it and is fluffing you off. Good luck...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    Great discussion! Let's move it over to the more general topic about climate control issues:

/direct/view/.ef06270

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.