Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

How much would it cost if our 2014 VW Passat TSI blew a tire?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    You mean after all this product placement for Tirerack.com, they will still charge you $146 for a tire?
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    banhugh, I thought Stokes Tire was their tire place
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    That's their local store.
  • shindig4shindig4 Member Posts: 0
    In my experience OEM replacement tires always seem overpriced to me. I bet you can go to tirerack.com and find a better-rated, better-reviewed tire for less. Sure, if you're only replacing one blown tire than you'll probably go for an exact OEM-match to complete the existing set. But if you're buying two or four tires, look at the ratings on tirerack.com and I'm sure you'll find a better value.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Why is the price of the OEM tires on this car in any way noteworthy or postworth, since nothing has happened, apparently, to any of the TSI's tires? Slow news day there "at the beach"?
  • pantherman5pantherman5 Member Posts: 12
    i hope as more of these cars are on the street, more affordable tires will be available. last time i checked with costco, the cheapest 235/45/18 is around 160 per tire. no body can beat costco's customer service and warranty. i needed to replace a tire on my other car, costco offered me pro rated credit on other 3 tires. i ended up with 4 new tires with pro rated discount.
  • rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Or...you could get Nexen CP671, 235/45/18 V-rated all-season, for $86 each. I would have no issues getting Nexen tires. I kind of wish I had done that instead of putting Michelin Primacy MXV4's on my 2011 Sonata. Would have saved $300+ and had a set of tires that were just as competent for commuting.

I don't autocross, I don't race. I just drive to work and back (2 hours per day in the car), and run errands on the weekend. Every 8 days when I fill up the car, the onboard computer says my average vehicle speed is 29 miles per hour. A tire like the Nexen would be perfectly adequate for a commuter vehicle.

http://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/oe/cp671