Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Goodbye Miles per Gallon, Hello Monthly Fuel Cost

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageGoodbye Miles per Gallon, Hello Monthly Fuel Cost

Edmunds.com provides the starting prices for GM vehicles being sold on eBay Motors.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• samsalamaysamsalamay Member Posts: 1
    Excellent idea. As a developer of sugar based biofuels, it is time to gather mfc data to provide smart decisions for consumers. This will drive mpg and big oil into realizing there are options, hopefully to accelerate the use of alternative power. Btw, EPEC Biofuels will change the complexion of fuel creation, profiting the farmer, his or her community and provide a cost-effective method to produce biofuels. Engines with direct injection to optimize E85 is near and the use of hybrid/flex fuel is on the horizon. In 10 years, we will say goodbye to big oil. Let us pray...
  • mojotimmojotim Member Posts: 1
    Goodbye to big oil - yes
    Ethanol - no, not scalable, expensive, low energy density
    Bio diesel - no, not scalable
    Battery power - no, 8 hours to recharge, really?
    Hydrogen fuel cells - no, un-usable in cold weather

Compressed natural gas - YES, why is this not being talked about? One of the largest gas reserves on the planet is under North America, safe, non-toxic, cheap!.. I fill my car in my garage with a home refueling appliance for $11.00, that gets me 220 highway miles. WAKE UP PEOPLE! Never visit another gas station! Commercial fleets caught on to this years ago, don't let corporate America be the only ones cashing in. Demand more CNG powered BI-FUEL cars. If you run out of natural gas, push a button and run it on gasoline.
  • shelwjorthshelwjorth Member Posts: 1
    Uh, instead of "cost per month", why not "cost per mile"? Not everyone drives the same per month, but everyone drives miles at a time.
  • jacob40jacob40 Member Posts: 1
    All comparison has to be in miles driven against energy consumption and not cost. Cost of fuel/energy changes every month! How do you compare the performance of last years engine with this years when the fuel/energy cost has changed? A more fuel efficient gasoline engine would be projected as performing bad over time since the fuel is now more expensive.
    If need be, seperate the regular engines, hybrids and the electric.
  • impalawomanimpalawoman Member Posts: 1
    would like toknow where I can get fle fuel here in sw fla i'e' Lehigh acres.