Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2013 Subaru BRZ Long Term Road Test

In cities not as congested as Los Angeles (and with not as poor of roads), the 2013 Subaru BRZ can still be a lot of fun.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Good to know! Sounds fun. I was reading a Kia Forte review, and it's 2.0 liter mill had more torque, which made me sad. But then, this car is still fun without a punchy engine, and I think it sounds entertaining. That made me think - could this car benefit from a rear-mounted KERS system to deliver a little more twist at low RPM, to complement the high-revving engine? Or, why not increase the displacement? Until I get a chance to drive it, that's just what I keep thinking about. Sounds like most drivers think it isn't needed.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Ahh, simple pleasures. I think I could grow to love the twins as my own. Light, simple, and fun. You're not worried about beating anyone to the almighty 60, not worried about G's or any other numbers, just taking corners a little fast and letting the wheels slip ever so slightly on the way out. Good job Mr. Toyoda, I think you succeeded entirely. It's not the track tests or news articles that prove it, its the post from a car guy enjoying his ride on the way home one evening.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    honda fit and fiat 500 will let you drive like this too.
  • upshift11upshift11 Member Posts: 10
    "and with not as poor of roads" ... Have you ever considered hiring a professional editor?
  • upshift11upshift11 Member Posts: 10
    "and with not as poor of roads" ... Have you ever considered hiring a professional editor?
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @jederino: If Hyundai's recent performance figures are anything to go by, that Forte will probably be really lethargic. Do you really need to complicate and increase the price of the car through mild hybridization?
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    @duck87, no - I think keeping the price low is a priority. But, a revvy and lively engine with a some KERS is the future. Only on a top-shelf Ferrari for now, but I think the packing and battery improvements coming to market make this a tantalizing pro