Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Here's our January fuel economy update for our long-term the 2014 Volkswagen Passat 1.8 TSI. We put on over 1,200 miles, almost all of them in the city.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• reminderreminder Posts: 383
    I drive a 2014 Jetta with the same motor. Under 2000 miles on the clock have a lifetime average of 28. That's for the months of Dec. & January with very cold temps, below zero at times. I'm happy with it, but my 2010 Civic consistently averaged 32.
    It's a very smooth motor & power is better than the old Civic. I nice improvement over the 2.5 five-banger from VW.
  • reminderreminder Posts: 383
    I drive a 2014 Jetta with the same motor. Under 2000 miles on the clock have a lifetime average of 28. That's for the months of Dec. & January with very cold temps, below zero at times. I'm happy with it, but my 2010 Civic consistently averaged 32.
    It's a very smooth motor & power is better than the old Civic. I nice improvement over the 2.5 five-banger from VW.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    I can't recall seeing any of the modern turbo's that actually delivers on the 'small engine economy, large engine power' claim. I would still have this engine over the 2.5 because I value driveability over economy (midrange torque rules!) and the I think the 1.8 strikes a reasonable balance.