Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long Term Road Test

I'm not sure. Do I want to set 911 Assist to On?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• pjm75pjm75 Member Posts: 10
    Yes and I did enable it in my Focus ST. This way when I drive off that cliff they might be able to find what's left of me.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I wonder how useful that would be. The places where a bystander isn't around to call 911 are probably also the same places with lousy cell reception anyway.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @pjm75: I notice you said "when" not "if"... We'll miss you man (woman, maybe? I don't want to assume). As for this these kind of systems, I have no problem. If someone wants to spend their resources tracking when and where I drive, I
  • hotpass105hotpass105 Member Posts: 0
    I hope you realize that every one of these telematics systems use cell signals to reach law enforcement. Ford just has a no cost alternative.
  • jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    Added security with no downsides as I see. Why not? And what the heck is a quadricycle?
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    yep, hotpass105, GM just did a great job of mentioning satellite a lot on their onstar stuff so people think it calls via a satellite but they are also on cell phone networks. The original onstar worked in areas where cell phones didn't tend to work as well because it was a high powered analog system using about 3 times the power of a handheld phone.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @jpnpower: Before automobiles became mainstream and unanimously labeled as "automobiles", many of the men who had a part in developing them had different names to describe them. "Quadricycle" was one such name briefly used by Henry For