Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda 3 and 2014-'15 Mazda 6 Recalled for Possible Engine Stall

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda 3 and 2014-'15 Mazda 6 Recalled for Possible Engine Stall

Mazda is recalling approximately 5,700 2014 Mazda 3 and 2014-'15 Mazda 6 cars because charging system shutdown may cause engine stall.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bani64bani64 Member Posts: 1
    This actually happened to me about 6 weeks ago while test driving a 2014 Mazda3. About a few miles short of the dealership the car just quit and would not start. I have had a number of Mazda's over the years and this is the first time I had a Mazda quit running.
  • jonmazda3jonmazda3 Member Posts: 1
    it happened to me my 2014 mazda 3 gt shut down right when i finished work on my way home right in the middle of the road people yelled at me to get off the road but i couldn't it finally started back up and now i have to bring it to the dealership :/
  • Pipergirl11Pipergirl11 Member Posts: 1
    While driving in a major highway in 5:00 rush hour traffic where the speed limit is 70 ... which means everyone is driving 80+, my 2015 Mazda6 started slowing down and eventually stopped in the middle of the highway. Everyone was honking the horns and zooming around me even though I had my flashers on. The check engine light came on. The car would not start. I tried 3 times. Finally a gentleman stopped and pushed me out of the highway to the side. What a terrible experience.
    What’s going on with MAZDA?