Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lexus

image2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

The 2013 Lexus GS 350 features a rear diffuser built into the rear bumper valance, but it comes off as more of a design extravagance than an aerodynamic enhancement.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• okbeartoyokbeartoy Member Posts: 34
    Don't forget the Nissan Leaf has them as well, I guess that qualifies the Leaf as a serious performance car too..
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Have these alleged diffusers become the go-faster stripe of our time?
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Any worse than those faux exhaust ports?
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Have never been able to understand why this Lexus, supposedly the sporty one, has been relegated to a modestly-powerful V6, while the entry-level IS is available in an F model with a 420+hp V8. Even the full-lux LS is available with an almost-400-hp V8 which is faster than this GS. Kinda unfocused market approach - like the Acura RL/TL deal.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    I'd wager about 90% of the diffusers out there on production vehicles are pointless design fripperies rather than actual downforce generating devices. Forget stripes, they're just like spoilers from the 90's.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    At least it isn't as bad as the IS-F's quad faux-exhaust.
  • natnutnatnut Member Posts: 6
    Actually, if the author did his research, he would find that the diffusers are functional. The new GS has been tweaked within a inch of its life to deliver class leading co-efficient of drag and literally every design decision on its body surface has been taken with an eye to high speed stability and generating down-force within the confines of a 4 door sedan body.

This post seems more like a cheap jab at Lexus rather than a well researched gripe.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    Those metal exhaust ports look exactly like the same as my Fusion.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert