Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

A foggy-morning drive proved to be the perfect way to illustrate the adaptive front lighting system (AFS) in the 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Very neat. However, I saw no other traffic so why weren't you running your high beams? I have noticed a marked reluctance to do so amongst quite a few folk in America. What's with that?
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    wow, those move a lot more than I thought they would.

and agentorange, it might have been low beams because " on a foggy morning " Although it wasn't thick fog it was still enough to see where the beams were pointing so it likely would have lit up nice and bright under high beams (I find my Mazda high beams actually glare off traffic signs too much even)
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    that or they just ran with them because it was a perfect chance to get a video of how they work :)
  • Options
    zmmzmm1221zmmzmm1221 Member Posts: 4
    That is so neat, never seen a video of them actually in action before. Way to go Mazda.
  • Options
    ed124ced124c Member Posts: 0
    I am not impressed. The wandering beams are too slow to catch up with the car's speed through the curves. Also, there isn't enough cutoff on the left side. Any car approaching is going to hit their high beams and mutter "what the hell!"
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Looks like lighting is one area the CX-5 has a leg-up on over the CR-V!