Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds updates the long-term 2013 Ford Focus ST's fuel economy for the month of March.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    Wow this thing drinks fuel compared to the FReShBReeZe.
  • socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    I have to run the numbers again but the rough average in my ST for the last ~7k miles has been in the 24-26 mpg range with a mix of driving that includes a lot of highway and not much city stop-and-go. It seems easily capable of breaking 30 on the highway but put your foot into it and like most small displacement turbo fours the ST will suck down the gas.

One of the only turbocharged fours I’ve owned that you could romp on from stoplights and onramps and still get great mileage was my '08 Cobalt SS Turbo (also noted in Insideline’s review). When stock it consistently averaged 27-29 mpg in the same driving conditions. For a comparison the new ST is getting about the same mileage I see from my Neon SRT-4 in mixed driving and a touch better than the Neon does on the highway.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Must say that the MPG is a bit disappointing. It will be interesting to see how the Fiesta ST compares.
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    omg 20mpg i would die! i know its fun but damn that would hurt the wallet!
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    like why not get a mustang v6 and get better gas milage and rwd!
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    They came right out and said they drove it a lot in the city and they beat on it. Why does that not register with people?

Let's see...the Carrera Cab is now averaging 22.7 mpg, compared to the FR-S with 24.3 mpg. Wow - I guess that means a 3,250-lb. car with a 350-hp flat six can get almost the same mileage as a 2900-lb. car with a 200-hp four! Where do I sign up? Wait...but before they took the Carrera to NYC on the highway it was averaging under 17? You mean driving conditions have something to do with it?!!!!
  • glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Defensive much?
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I don't own one - I'm just surprised people don't take stuff like that into consideration when appraising mpg. And that "XXX much" usage is so 2009. Maybe it's time for a newer ungrammatical buzz-term - ?
  • flybigrcflybigrc Member Posts: 8
    I have owned my 2013 ST since November 2012 (8200 miles driven)

I log every fuel purchase and I am getting on average 27mpg. The conditions are 85% Highway at an average speed of 72mph and 15% city (stop and go) driving. I recently drove to Chicago from St. Louis and at 74 mph I averaged 30.59 mpg. This was all using 91-93 octance, the trip to was 300 miles.