Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

In this edition of Edmunds long-term update of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray talks about the tailpipes.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Not in my opinion, since many brands use four pipes to signify performance. My preference is two though, whether its two on one side, one on each side, or big ovals on each side (a la Audi RS). It just seems cleaner, yet can easily maintain the sporty look many are after.
  • donszr1_donszr1_ Member Posts: 7
    I like the way mine look, but get tired of polishing that many.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Two IMO looks best...ala 350/370Z.
  • iloveyogapantsiloveyogapants Member Posts: 20
    I'd say two center-mount pipes combined with an aggressive splitter a la Porsche GT3...
  • csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    Too many. It's my least favorite feature of a Corvette, and one of the first things I would ditch. I liked when they had the two traingular tips. But then again, when 4 cyl econoboxes have "dual exhausts", and even a 4-cyl WRX has 4 exhausts, what is GM to do? Ahh, screwit, just bring back the sidepipes.
  • kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Personally, I really like them. The more "pipes" the better. ANYTHING has to be better than those grapefruit-shooter exhausts you see on customized Civics.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    4 pipes are good on a higher end sports car but on a older Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro I want 2 big pipes with a nice deep note. Of course we can take this to 11 and put on full blown big rig stacks.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Not too many, but the problem is they're all in the center and they're fairly obnoxious looking. Definitely my least favourite part about the car.
  • tubybntztubybntz Member Posts: 11
    I personally have 4 center exhausts on my civic, so I love the look and the performance is TTR. That's Through The Roof to any of you noobs.
  • speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    So glad to see these in-depth reviews. (eye-roll)