Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Read the latest updates in our long-term road test of the 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cpogordoncpogordon Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased the 2014 Passat TSI SEL and am surprised as to how well the new 1.8T is doing on gas mileage. I had a 2012 Ford Focus and was use to getting an average of 29.7 mpg running around town and to work and back (no highway miles) in my subcompact and I assumed I would only be getting about 24 mpg when I purchased the larger midsize Passat; however, so far I am averaging 30.8 which is well above what I expected.
  • Options
    thesnide1thesnide1 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Not that this will justify a TDI but your TDI computation uses very low numbers for the TDI MPG. My TDI SE gets 45 -46 mpg (based on odometer & fill records), Note: The MFI displays about 1.5 mpg better than fill records. I value the 2100 diesel premium for saving me trips to the pump and better resale. I regularly refill between 700 and 760 miles per tank and drive about 33,000 miles a year in NC. Relative to the gas motor the mileage remains high even with more aggressive driving. Painfully, the gas/diesel price differential is a bit wide lately. My running total, 31417 miles / 715.445 gal diesel = 45.31 MPG