Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Read the latest updates in our long-term road test of the 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• I just purchased the 2014 Passat TSI SEL and am surprised as to how well the new 1.8T is doing on gas mileage. I had a 2012 Ford Focus and was use to getting an average of 29.7 mpg running around town and to work and back (no highway miles) in my subcompact and I assumed I would only be getting about 24 mpg when I purchased the larger midsize Passat; however, so far I am averaging 30.8 which is well above what I expected.
  • thesnide1thesnide1 Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Not that this will justify a TDI but your TDI computation uses very low numbers for the TDI MPG. My TDI SE gets 45 -46 mpg (based on odometer & fill records), Note: The MFI displays about 1.5 mpg better than fill records. I value the 2100 diesel premium for saving me trips to the pump and better resale. I regularly refill between 700 and 760 miles per tank and drive about 33,000 miles a year in NC. Relative to the gas motor the mileage remains high even with more aggressive driving. Painfully, the gas/diesel price differential is a bit wide lately. My running total, 31417 miles / 715.445 gal diesel = 45.31 MPG