Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mmartenakmmartenak Member Posts: 1
    This car is surprisingly magnificent. We did a tremendous amount of research with buying our new car. We looked at several models in the sedan class- and nothing could come close to the features and horsepower. We are pleased with the leather interior- though you are not able to choose the interior color- so charcoal it is. The interior is very sleek. The back seat is very spacious and most of all comfortable. The moon roof is very quite when driving on the highway. The steering wheel accessories are very easy to manipulate. The Bose system is with out a doubt awesome! The driving is great- very smooth.
       There is only two things that I believe that can be improved, and that is the turning radius and the side view mirrors. The turning radius is not that great- if you need to make a SHARP turn it will have some difficulty- do not get me wrong, the car turns well, but you will take wide turns. The side view mirrors do not break away- for people who are city drivers, be ware!
      The exterior of the car is beautiful- we purchased the dark gray with the sport package- nice- 17 inch alloy wheels!
       I would recommend for you to get the interior and exterior treated through their package- it is life time warranty of the car- just because the interior is a dark color. Plus we bargained with this as well- you can get that price down!
      We purchased this car 5% above the invoice price- and we did NOT play around with the way dealers like to "play around" with the month to month payments. I highly suggest for you NOT to play this game, because they can easily fool you. Bargain with the price only- trust me- we have been there done that- the dealer always wins! And if they do not like to deal with just the sticker price, walk out! They are there to accommodate you.
      All and all we are very happy with this car. We are very picky when it comes to the style, comfort, performance and price of the car. We love it! Go out and test drive them all- but i promise, the Nissan Altima will be in your top five of car choices!
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    Sounds like a beauty! Enjoy!
  • 10ebr1710ebr17 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a dealer in Bucks County/Philadelphia, Pa. or NJ area. Anyone purchase an Altima 2.5S w/G01 convenience pkg. recently and how much did you pay for it?
  • 10ebr1710ebr17 Member Posts: 2
    Did you purchase your Altima with the F01, G 01 or H01 convenience pkg. and which dealership did you purchase your car from?
  • mbaymbay Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone:

I purchased my Altima 2.5 S automatic for 21,400 excluding taxes. It includes the convenience plus package, sunroof deflector, splash guards, floor/trunk mats, and protection package. Do U think that was a good deal? I live in NW Florida.

Anyways.... after doing research among my 3 choices: Altima, Accord, and Camry.... The Altima was my choice. THe Accord's exterior body was unattractive (honda needs 2 step up on their body style of the accord). The Camry was just toooo boring looks and drive.

My wife and I are very pleased, satisfied, and impressed w/ our new '05 Altima. Critics say that there is noticeable cabin noise but I didn't notice anything. So far.... the reception on the radio has been great (i noticed that was a complaint by some new Altima owners of '05.
    In my opinion.... the Altima is better than the Maxima. It looks better and it gives U more for the money. The extra 8 to 10 thousand for a Maxima isn't worth it.

So far we are enjoying our new Altima.... it is fun to drive and it looks GREAT. We get a lot of compliments from other people. The interior is beautiful and very spacious compared to the Accord and Camry.
  • bigtapperbigtapper Member Posts: 3
    This is in regards to 2002, not '05. 3.5 SE. Loaded with all options minus, spoiler, xenon headlights, and "wood" trim. Was previously driven by salesman, ALL highway miles, 66k, to be exact and installed aftermarket XM radio, which is very nice. Paid $13,500. According to Edmunds, I got a really good deal, but when looking up on kbb.com, appears it was average, but kbb doesn't allow to select all available options?? Comments....thank u.
  • bigtapperbigtapper Member Posts: 3
    Black on black. Loaded with all options minus, spoiler, xenon headlights, and "wood" trim. Was previously driven by salesman, ALL highway miles, 66k, to be exact and installed aftermarket XM radio, which is very nice. Paid $13,500. According to Edmunds, I got a really good deal, but when looking up on kbb.com, appears it was average, but kbb doesn't allow to select all available options?? Comments.....
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Goodluck on your new Altima! Thanks for sharing your experience here!
  • mx_tangmx_tang Member Posts: 3
    That is a phenomenal price! I've seen $16988 for a 2005 Altima 2.5 (not the 2.5 S) Manual transmission, but they usually only advertise one car at that price to bring people into their dealership. At least they made good on the newspaper ad.

I've been looking for a 2005 Altima 2.5S Automatic and the prices I've been quoted were $18,500 + tax, title, fees. I'm going to purchase a vehicle by the end of the month, so I'll let everyone know what kind of pricing I can get.
  • hansolo1hansolo1 Member Posts: 1
    Is that price for new or used? I just purchased an 05 2.5S last night, used but with only 182 miles. Sticker was $18,995. The final was $17,775+TTL. I didn't get an owner's manual, and the tank was on E. I had to drive straight to the gas station!
  • mx_tangmx_tang Member Posts: 3
    hansolo1 wrote:
    "Is that price for new or used?"

The prices I got ($18,500 USD) for a new 2005 Altima 2.5S Automatic was before TTL. I've been getting OTD (out the door) prices of $20,000-$20,500 before the rebate AND apply the 2.0% finance, or $19,000-$19,500 AND $1000 rebate "WITHOUT" 2.0% financing.

My tax is 8.1%, $299 doc fee, and $350 plates. Some other dealerships have been trying to add tint, pin striping, perma clear scratch preventative, window etching, and other nonsense for about $200-500 per option but I'm looking for a stock 2.5S without all of the non essentials.

Depending on how soon you pay off the vehicle, the $1000 rebate may be worth more than the savings in interest. However, taking the 60 month 2.0% financing on $20,000 only accrues $1033 over 5 years, and such low APR on a long term loan usually comes out cheaper than the $1000 rebate. It's best to figure out which gives you the greatest savings:

Interest on 20,000 loan @ 60 month simple loan:

1.0% = $512
    2.0% = $1033
    3.0% = $1562
    4.0% = $2100
    5.0% = $2645
    6.0% = $3199
    7.0% = $3761
    8.0% = $4331
    9.0% = $4910
    10.0% = $5497
    11.0% = $6091
    12.0% = $6694

Based on that table, it seems like any financing below 4.0% (3.878% APR to be exact)for the 60 month term is about equal to taking the rebate. If you shorten the loan term, then that's a different story:

12 month 2.0% APR on $20,000 is equivalent to 12 month 11.051% APR + $1000 rebate.

24 month 2.0% APR on $20,000 is equivalent to 24 month 6.67% APR + $1000 rebate.

36 month 2.0% APR on $20,000 is equivalent to 36 month 5.135% APR + $1000 rebate.

48 month 2.0% APR on $20,000 is equivalent to 48 month 4.352% APR + $1000 rebate.

60 month 2.0% APR on $20,000 is equivalent to 60 month 3.878% APR + $1000 rebate.

For example, I got financing from my bank @ 3.99% APR for 60 months, but I'd be better using the 2.0% financing from NMAC on a $20,000 car loan.
  • kartikkartik Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Please advise as to what should be the cost paid for a 2005S Automatic Nissan Altima.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

K
  • carlycarly Member Posts: 7
    2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A) (2005), with convenience package, fog lights, splash guard, and floor mats. Dealer is quoting $20,380...I think it is high...though it is what Edmunds is quoting for this area (this includes the $1000 deduct for the rebate. Is this a good price?
    Thanks!
  • anonymanonym Member Posts: 11
    I think you can still get it cheaper. Check with carsdirect.com and get the dealer to pricematch what they have on their site. Carsdirect shows $19,645 for a similarly equipped car..though Im not sure if the cost also pertains to your city. I was able to get my car for $17947 (2.5s, auto,floor mats, splash guard) Price includes $1,000 rebate. Works out to be a total of $1,100 under invoice.
    Hi---- I checked with CarsDirect.com (thanks for your advice) and their price is $19,249 for this area. Whew! Will definitely ask the dealer to pricematch what they have on their site. Did your car include the convenience package for $17947? If so, I will try and go lower. Will let you know what happens. Thanks again.
    For 17947 I got the 2.5 s automatic with only floor mats and splash guards. I called carsdirect.com first. I found out the closest dealer they had to me was about 175 miles away...too far for me to drive unless I saved alot. I would suggest you call your local dealership first. Speak to their internet sales manager....they seem to be able to give the best deals. I worked my deal over the phone.
    Dealership offered me a 72 month 100 K factory extended warranty for $1475. This seemed alittle high. There was no deductible and I think it was the gold preferred. Can someone tell me what is the best price for factory backed altima warranties. I am a bit concerned about the reliability and build quality of the altima and am seriously considering buying the warranty. Please help!! Thanks
  • sassas Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for 2005 Altima 2.5 S. The dealer has quoted the following :

MSRP : 20380$

INVOICE + Destination charge + Floor Mats (130) + SPlash Guards (150) + Dealers Conveyance fees (300) : 19,300 $

LESS : 1,000 Cash back
    LESS : 500 Student cash back

+ 6 % TAX
    + Title & registration ( xfer the plates)

All in all comes to 18,950$ out the door.
    Is this a good deal ?

Any suggestion to where is the room to bring it down more ?

Is everyone "HAS" to pay dealer's conveynace fees ?

TIA-

SS
    Hi---thanks for the advice..it helped tremendously. Dealer matched the carsdirect.com price...so OTD was $19,240 plus TTL...includes convenience package, fog lights, floor mats, and splash guards. I love my car!!
    I am in the market for 2005 Altima 2.5 S. The dealer has quoted the following :

MSRP : 20380$

INVOICE + Destination charge + Floor Mats (130) + SPlash Guards (150) + Dealers Conveyance fees (300) : 19,300 $

LESS : 1,000 Cash back
    LESS : 500 Student cash back

+ 6 % TAX
    + Title & registration ( xfer the plates)

All in all comes to 18,950$ out the door.
    Is this a good deal ?

Any suggestion to where is the room to bring it down more ?

Is everyone "HAS" to pay dealer's conveynace fees ?

TIA-
    Your deal isn't bad, but my guess is that you can take it out the door at around $18.5.

It depends on whether you want to scrap for a few hundred dollars.
    Thanks for your reply.

Bought 2.5S OTD @ 18870/- y'day.

As you said, it could have been cheaper by appx $400 but hey...its over !

I am lovin it !
  • odyssey1odyssey1 Member Posts: 23
    I'm currently shopping for a new 2004 automatic 3.5 SE. The only options I want are the ABS/Traction Package and the Floor/Trunk Mats. TMV price was $22,358. I'm getting quotes from dealers now. Anybody got a best price I can shoot for? Also, am I better off waiting until December to get a deal on a 2004? I'm in no rush and really just want the best deal, whatever it takes!

Thanks for any help!
    Do you mean you are shopping for an 05? The 04s are long gone.

Best price is completely dependent on your local market conditions. Here in Florida, where I am, dealers are working hard to make any sales at all while the hurricanes roll by.

You should be able to get a very good deal in December, as car sales are always slow that month. There is no guarantee that Nissan will offer the $1,000 rebate in December, however. Good luck.
    Well, ramped, I did mean a 2004. I thought they would still be available since Edmund's was still pricing them under new cars. You are right, I'm not finding any. Since then, I've decided to go with the 2.5 S 2004. The options I'd like are the convenience package, trunk/floor mats and ABS. Can anyone share their price if they got this confuguration? I'm hoping to use it to bargain. I've asked for price quotes from many internet sources, including Edmunds, but say I don't want to be called--e-mail only. All I've gotten is propaganda from some of the dealerships. Not a single price quote!! How aggravating. How do people bargain by e-mail??
    this time I really did mean 2005. The 2005 2.5S

sorry
    etichenor,

What dealership on NC did you use? That's a good price!
  • hailyeshailyes Member Posts: 6
    Hey if you're still shopping try fightingchance.com On the web site you can order a purchase guide as well as finding out the going price and what you should be paying TMV up or down it just depends.

I noticed the posting from LA and paid $700 over invoice. I paid $17 under invoice in CO. It just depends on where you're at.

Hope it helps and don't get too emotional...that's when the dealer sticks you.
  • mixxymixxy Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I recently totaled my 98 cavalier so now i need a new car. My choices are Altima and Mazda 6. My question first is I found a 2003 Altima SE V6 with manual transmission and only 13.5K miles on it. How low do u think they would go for me to buy that? Or.......do you think with the new incentives for the 2005 altimas 2.5 S is a better choice since its brand new and warranty factors? whats the best price for that? V6 or four cylinder but brand new, big deal or not a big deal?
    See the Mazda 6 forum for my answer to your post over there. It is difficult to answer your questions about how much you should pay for used models as prices vary across the country.

First, you need to decide what you want. If power and performance is important to you, then buy a V-6. The 4-cylinder version of the Altima has plenty of power for an average driver. The SE-V6 Altima has a stiff ride, so test drive to make sure you would be happy with it/ The 4-cylinder rides smoother, but obviously sacrifices much power.
  • hailyeshailyes Member Posts: 6
    I purchased my 05 Altima this past weekend and I'm discovering unexpected damage the car took during a recent hail storm in Denver.

The sales person failed to disclose the back window busted out and was replaced...only discovered that when my son found several pieces of glass between the seat. Now that I'm looking for it I'm finding a bunch of it.

Just so happend on the same day I took a sharp right turn and it sounded like ice shifting in the back seat.

The dealer is now saying just bring it in and they'll look at it.

Has anyone had this done to them? If so, what did you get accomplished?

Thanks
    Etichenor,

Please, oh please post the name of the dealership in NC that you bought your Altima from, if you are still reading...

Thanks!
  • nissanguynissanguy Member Posts: 2
    I bought an '05 3.5 SE with navigation package w/leather sport package. Also included floor mats and splash guards. Entire negotiation was done via e-mail dealing w/internet sales manager.

MSRP - $30,480
    Invoice -$28,000
    I paid - $26,550 delivered!! (w/rebate)

I've put 2,500 miles on it and I love it. I drove the Acura TL, Infiniti G35, BMW 330 and of course the Maxima. I could not justify spending thousands more to get less. This is truly the best mid-sized sedan on the market. Don't even waste your time driving an accord or camry. Regardless of which Altima you buy, you will have no regrets.
    NissanGuy, could you please name your dealership? Did they deliver far or locally?

Also, if anyone could recommend a good NC/SC dealership, I'd really appreciate it!! I seem to be doing a good job finding the annoying ones!!
  • nissanguynissanguy Member Posts: 2
    I live in St. Louis, however, I purchased the car from Autocenters Nissan in Alton Ill (about 30 miles). They had to dealer trade the car from Bloomington Ill (about 150 miles). I would recommend to anyone buynig a new car to jump on line and ask for a quote. I guarantee the quote comes back at invoice price. From there it just depends on the dealer's willingness to negotiate. I had three different internet salespeople quoting me prices and I used each quote to negotiate against the other. I did all of this without stepping one foot into the showroom! Good luck!
  • colemanjrcolemanjr Member Posts: 1
    hey guys, thinking of puchasing a new Altima (or Accord). Went to Crown Nissan in Greensboro today during my lunch hour. Got quoted $17,777 for a 2.5S with automatic transmission with little to zero negotiation. That is after the $1000 rebate, but without the "College Grad" deal or any negotiation whatsoever. Sales guy said they had 40+ on the lot and that is the price all day long. Seems pretty strong to me, but personally I really want side impact airbags (got a 2 month old baby) and ABS

I don't have any experience with Crown other than my brother recently purchasing a Honda from their sister dealership. He didn't have any complaints...good luck

Junior
  • aitchpee44aitchpee44 Member Posts: 16
    Did that Altima have the special package that msrp's for 1680.00? I think it's package F01. That is a good price if it has that package.
    HP
  • gatojeffgatojeff Member Posts: 3
    You might want to see a lawyer. Notwithanding the vehicle's mileage, your state law might be that this was not a "new" vehicle. Therefore, the dealership misrepresented it to you.

• maria3maria3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently trying getting price quotes in NYC for a Nissan Altima 2.5 S w/ Convenience Package, Auto Transmission, ABS & Side Airbag package, Side Sill & Rear Splash Guards, Fog Lights, and Floor/Trunk Mat Set.

The few quotes I've received are around $20,300 including the $1,000 rebate and about $200 removed from dealer holdback. Carsdirect quoted the car at the same price.

The total dealer holdback is approx. $600 and I was hoping to have the whole amount deducted from the price. I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice about whether these prices quotes are reasonable or if there is more room to negotiate.

Also, I've been following the advice given by Fighting Chance and it's been very helpful.
  • sparkdogsparkdog Member Posts: 2
    I am negotiating with a private owner and we are at $14,750. The car has 15,000 miles is looks brand new. It has an automatic and anti lock brakes. Think I should buy?
  • ramvishramvish Member Posts: 1
    Got a new one last week for 18146 out of the dealership. This one included the side airbags.
  • ngoofyngoofy Member Posts: 1
    i think you should buy if you havent already done so if not i'll buy. if you dont buy email me ngoofy15@excite.com
  • eddieeeddiee Member Posts: 25
    Just bought a 2005 Altima S with
    G01 Convenience Plus (Convenience Pkg plus moon roof)
    T01 ABS and Side Airbag package
    B10 Splash guard
    L92 Floor/Trunk mats

Paid Invoice minus $1000 rebate at Ira Nissan in Tewksbury Mass.

This was our second choice.
    I didn't like the engine noise or the chrome interior trim but my wife likes the styling. We were going to get a Camry SE but couldn't get them to order it with the Side Airbag package. Toyota is really shooting themselves in the foot by not being aware that people will demand safety equipment and and also will be willing to pay for it.

We got the 7Yr/100K/0 deductible extended warranty for $1326. This is a lot, but we keep our cars a long time and didn't want to need to worry about some $1000 heater core or AC repairs later on.
    List was $2195.
  • wvu1003wvu1003 Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have this yet? I'm getting ready to start negotiating, and I think I have my work cut out for me, the dealer (Richmond,VA) has a "Market adjustment" of $1,500 tacked on the sticker. TMV shows MSRP, but this model just shipped recently. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    You are at their mercy. It's a special edition of a popular car that has just hit the ground. You'll pay to be the first on the block with this. You can offer sticker, but don't expect them to accept.

If you can wait six months, it will probably be a much different story.
  • greatblueballsgreatblueballs Member Posts: 1
    all altimas (models) in the richmond, va area have this market adjustment.
  • saberhagen1saberhagen1 Member Posts: 1
    My suggestion is to wait and see how this product sells: it sounds like an awesome coupe but it does come with drawbacks. Serious road noise, high price, et.al. At this point, I would not pay MSRP. Additional dealer profit is [non-permissible content removed], dont pay it! wait three months.........see what happens in the pricing department. JMHO
  • yupodyupod Member Posts: 1
    car: 2005 Altima 2.5S +AT +ABS/side airbags + splash+ mats
    My deal (Yes over 600 under invoice!!!!)
    price including delivery b4 fees, tax etc. 19128
    Sales tax NJ 6% 1155.18
    doc fee 199
    reistration NJ 4 years 299 (new law....)
    FACTORY REBATE -1000
    Grand Total out of pocket: 19718.18

MSRP 21180, Invoce 19788, carsdirect: 19538 all including delivey
    but before 1K rebate

HOW: emails to all 20+ deales thru cars.com, phone negotiation/pricematching after, bought @ rt22 nissan, Hillside NJ
    Happy shopping.
  • jgtr1derjgtr1der Member Posts: 1
    I wish to buy an Altima. I found a private dealer selling his 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S for $16,500 used with only 6000 miles. Is this a good deal?
  • tklauvtklauv Member Posts: 4
    I just bought another Nissan. I'm abandoning Toyota in favor of Nissan. Last month I bought a Nissan 2004 Quest for about $23,800.00 out the door. And this past weekend I bought the Nissan Altima 2.5S automatic for $15,995 or $17.600.00 out the door, after taxes and everything, prices are approximated.

I'm curious, Edmunds, showed that the Altima 2.5S invoice price is $18.300.00. Did I really buy the Altima $2300.00 below invoice? This seems too good to be true.