Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Want to lock the trunk of your 2013 Scion FR-S? You'll have to hunt for the keyhole.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    if you don't do that but you lock the car does the trunk lock? I'm a bit confused as to how and when it usually opens and affect this has on it....
  • Options
    mcordeiromcordeiro Member Posts: 1
    I'm pretty sure that you can "lock" the trunk by hitting the lock button on the keyfob. If you truly want to "lock" the trunk there'll be a button in the glovebox or something like that so you cant open the trunk from the trunk release.

That keyslot in the trunk is really just there so you can open the trunk w/ no battery in the keyfob.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Huh? It doesn't lock the trunk when you lock the car?

That aside, I can't imagine wanting my car locked but not caring if my trunk was locked. Let some bad guy get into your unlocked trunk, ride home with you into your attached garage, then pull that day-glo inside lever and now he's loose in your house, and I bet you'll care.
  • Options
    fsunolefsunole Member Posts: 25
    Are you trolling us Erin?

The car locks the trunk when you press the lock button on the fob. It stays locked as long as the car is locked. By pressing the trunk button on the fob it pops the trunk, but it will continue to stay locked if you close it again. This is the way all cars with power locks that I have driven over the past 10 years have worked. The key hole is only a backup in case the electronic trunk release craps out (which happened to me on my BMW). If the electronic release won't work, you can use the key and keyhole to manually engage the trunk release.
  • Options
    lostcommalostcomma Member Posts: 13
    Like the hidden gas filler cap on the 57 chevys.