Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA has been in the fleet a very short time, but its fuel economy is disappointingly low so far.

Read the full story here

Comments

• let's hope engine break-in improves mileage. or it could be the wonky CEL and some engine management software reducing the mileage. We'll see.
  • I think the EPA's ratings are overly optimistic here. 38mpg just seems ridiculous to me. I think most people will be in the 30-33mpg range on the highway. I just have a hard time believing that a bigger (although slightly lighter) and more powerful car is going to get that much better gas mileage than a C250. Having said that, Mercedes are notoriously slow to break-in with regards to fuel economy. Both my old S550 and my wife's E350 reached 30,000 miles before they started to really achieve consistent fuel economy.
  • greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    It would seem that your theory about small-displacement turbocharged engines has already been proven true. The Regal is the only one that met its EPA ratings, IIRC.
  • iodeiode Posts: 5
    I've been driving my CLA250 ~50 miles to work and back every weekday, about 20% local, 80% highway, 10% traffic jams. My "from start" MPG calculator usually gives me around 33-35 MPG. Not too shabby.