Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 Porsche Macan Starts at $50,895

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2015 Porsche Macan Starts at $50,895

The base 2015 Porsche Macan S will start at $50,895, when the so-called

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• ed341ed341 Posts: 0
    That's interesting since the Cayenne starts at $49,600.
  • Buy 2 base models for the price of the loaded top turbo and you probably would be pretty happy. 340 hp is pretty darn good for a 3.0, too bad you don't have the 0-60 times like you have for the 3.6 engine
  • Wow. Here's my compare: My wife's 2008 BMW 535xit was $65k brand new (it was pretty loaded up).

If a comparably equipped 2015 Macan hits $75k, it's going to be an outstanding value in 2017 when it starts to hit the CPO market.

Can't wait to test drive it. If it offers the Porsche experience in a plus size model, I'll be head over heels. Excellent look and the rear end and tail-lights do an good job of giving the 'tiger' influence in the same way the cayman emulates the gator.
  • An Audi SQ5 has similar performance numbers to the Turbo version for a lot less money. And I wouldn't be surprised to see BMW drop a version of the new M3/4 twin turbo into the X3 as a response.
  • hank39hank39 Tallahassee, FLPosts: 144
    That's a lot of buttons to the left and right of the shifter.
  • pommahpommah Posts: 71
    I cant believe people pay that kind of coin for a vehicle like this. Just buy a nice Outback and take 10 really nice vacations. Or give the extra to charity.
  • With Porsche's brilliant list of options available, the lowest price found would be around $65k.
    We'll see if it is worth it.
  • "You can get into a 2015 Macan for around $50,000 ..." ROFLMAO!!! When will Edmunds stop drinking the Kool-Aid given out by all the luxury brands about their starting prices. They never WILLINGLY import any vehicles in the absolute base spec, and I would lay odds that many Porsche dealerships would invite you to have sex and travel if you tried to special order one in that style.
  • Actually the base Macan will more likely be $37000. Anyway, I'm waiting for the S -E Hybrid version with inductive charging or the Diesel version. One negative is that the sloping roofing line cuts the cargo space to only 53 cubic feet.
  • I agree - I don't like the sloping roof which cuts the space. But, my wife and I do our hauling with my SUV's 93.8 ft3. Looking at replacement for her 10 year old VW GTI which has been a great car for her. The Macan has smaller cargo with seats up, but about equal with seats down. Longer wheel base. More panache. And decidedly higher price. I will have to admit, while buying what ever car for my wife, making the decision to lay out the $ for the Macan would be driven by my strong desire to "borrow" her car as frequently as I can. Years ago when making a career change I needed the cash and sold my 1958 TR-3. My wife said she wasn't going to touch that decision. I replied, I was ok with it - but some day I would get a sports car that was drivable year around. Perhaps I can sell my wife on the Macan, and on her letting me drive it some.