Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

There's only one time when it's not a good idea to drive with the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster's top down on a gorgeous, sunny day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    Yeah, crawling in traffic on a hot sunny day is an awful time to have the top down. Cruising at speed is a bit more pleasant-- though the sun will still get you if you're not prepared. I keep two bottles of suntan lotion and a couple of spare ballcaps in my convertible.
  • agentorangeagentorange Posts: 893
    I think there should be a Vlad the Impaler spike for Lookee-loos fitted to all drivers' seats. Do you think the NHTSA will buy into this plan?
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Better you than me, SoCal residents. I commute 55 miles per day to and from work, and the last time I was stopped in traffic was literally two to three years ago. And that was due to an accident, not volume.
  • greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    The radio reported a major accident on I-94 yesterday morning, near the WI/IL border. They said a semi had overturned - the cab was blocking one set of lanes, and the trailer was blocking the other set of lanes. So traffic was at a standstill in both directions. However, if I had a convertible, it would have been comfortable enough for topless driving.