Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

One small but useful convenience in our long-term 2013 Dodge Dart is the center console's pass-through notch for USB charging cords.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Maybe it's "a little inconvenient" on the passenger's side because "there's no legally defensible reason to interact with a smartphone while driving". Your words.
    Also, isn't the cable pass-through offered by most (all?) modern manufacturers who choose to put their USB port in the center console? Sure it's nice to have, but I'm not sure that it's really remarkable. It's akin to writing about the dome light, because it's nice to have illumination in the interior when it's dark out.
  • boff_boff_ Member Posts: 51
    The pass through in my Mustang leads to the cupholders, but the tolerances around the lid of the bin where the USB outlet is are wide enough to pass the cord almost anywhere.
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @greenpony: Surprisingly, no. A great many cars don't have the pass-through. It's not as ubiquitous as a dome light. Thanks.
  • nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    Leave it to Fiasler to screw up a simple hole. Would it have really been that difficult to put it somewhere that made sense?
  • cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    I assume it's on the passenger side to make it easier for a passenger to use. My 2006 Magnum has one towards the front of the bin that my wife uses on long trips when charging her phone and one towards the back of the bin that we use to route the power cord for the kids' dvd player in the back seat.
    Erin, thanks. It would follow, then, that whatever automakers are not offering a pass-through despite having a USB port in the center console are not sweating the details. This raises the question: What other, less obvious details are they overlooking?