Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ram Trucks Recalled for Instrument-Cluster Defects

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jeep

image2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ram Trucks Recalled for Instrument-Cluster Defects

Chrysler is recalling 142,800 vehicles, including the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500, because of instrument-cluster defects, the automaker said on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stan_duppstan_dupp Member Posts: 1
    I am offended by that prepared statement from the NHTSA. Obviously, there is not one single patriot there who would lift a finger, solely for the good of the country.
  • Options
    dukeofnadadukeofnada Member Posts: 2
    Jeep Grand Cherokee-Overland 2014, 3.6L, Automatic, leased by Blevin Brothers, Potsdam NY to a Disabled Veteran with a neck and brain injury backed up with PTSD. I was feeling well enough, finally, to purchase a New Vehicle (my first) capable of getting me back into the woods and out again, but it required certain "Bells and Whistles" to calm the Soul of Someone who's Best Friend was no longer their Brain.
  • Options
    dukeofnadadukeofnada Member Posts: 2
    Jeep Grand Cherokee-Overland 2014, 3.6L, Automatic, leased by Blevin Brothers, Potsdam NY to a Disabled Veteran with a neck and brain injury backed up with PTSD. I was feeling well enough, finally, to purchase a New Vehicle (my first) capable of getting me back into the woods and out again, but it required certain "Bells and Whistles" to calm the Soul of Someone who's Best Friend was no longer between their ears.

Except for the PTSD the above was made very clear to the salesperson right at the "Handshake". Two weeks later I left the lot in a "?Leased Vehicle" with a Top End 10 ton Winch (trailer hitch mount) and would add later (in my mind) the same hitch to the front for having two options.

In my Driveway sits a "Moral Dilemma" with 800 miles on it (9/27/13 thru today 1/9/14) and I can't get rid of it because some Idiot Bank actually leases vehicles meant to bang around in the "WOODS".

This "8th Grade Shop Project" may or may not kick into Four Wheel Drive when called for. When trying Down Hill Assist (low range 5mph) the first time. It didn't maintain speed, it slammed on the brakes causing the "Cjeep" to slide right eating up my clearance and damaged both doors and rear quarter panels (Leased, gotta fix). The rear warning system decided to not work going to and from the store and backing into the Drive I heard a small noise (Lilac Bushes) no, a piece of trim just replaced a week ago. I realign and back in waiting for "Beep's" hear clunk, 6" of paint removed from "Cherry 2001, 30 thou Mustang" and find trim in Drive. Here is the one that brings this to my Dilemma. From a start accelerating to 60 at 50 the transmission locks up, the Engine Lug's almost stalling, speed drops at least 20mph (no brake lights), I'm looking for an off when the "TrannY" finds a gear it likes "?", the Engine roars back to life and I'm doing 60. All of that, best guess, 4 seconds. I finish drive home having visions of Highway's and Entrance Ramps I've used during life.

Take to Dealer again, again, again, etc. and each time "Computer Says "Nothing to See Here". Now I'm not saying Chrysler has 12 yr. olds building their computers, but I do know a few 12 yr. olds that could make their Computer's say that the Flap has a problem on my "Cjeep's" Left Wing.