Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long-Term Test of the 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster and assesses its seat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    If the lumbar support is in the wrong place, that's not good, but not providing any discernible support when deflated...? What's it supposed to do? I mean, it varies the support by inflating and deflating, and you deflated it. Traction control allows you to spin the tires when you turn it off, too - is that a design flaw?
  • firstshad0wfirstshad0w Member Posts: 0
    Does the SLS have the seat bolster/lumbar adjustments on the side of the seat like the C63? I find the 2 lumbar adjustments in the C63 are rather too high up my back so I keep them deflated or slightly inflated... then again I'm only 5'7". I've had no trouble making long trips in these seats (longest trip was 11 hours straight, t'was comfortable).
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    Sufficient lower back support has long been a Mercedes weakness. They finally got it right on this generation S/CL and eventually on the C and E, but its adjustment is still too limited on most model lines to accommodate a wide variety of people. Still, compare the modern seats with the flat, hard seats of the '80's and '90's and you can see significant progress has been made.