Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Chevrolet Silverado has plenty of room to haul stuff in the rear, but some days there's no reason to use the bed of a truck at all.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Ah, yes, I remember having that much utility once...
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    A few bucks at a dollar store for some cheap towels or blankets or some preparation when you knew that you would be moving stuff to bring some from home, would have saved to a lot of this hassle.
    ////// You could even rent a few moving pads from U-Haul if you took the time.

Its great that you have the big cabin but that just shows that a full size truck based SUV would have done the job just as well.

//// Once again Short bed and No Bed liner how you guys can think that this is a true pickup truck is beyond human comprehension and the fact that you have been down this road before at least once with the 08 Dodge ram means your guys memories are really fuzzy when it comes to this class of vehicle. //// P.S. Comment formatting is terrible.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @hybris: What I got from the article, maybe incorrectly, was that using the bed would have been too easy. Of course it would fit back there, hardly newsworthy material. However, since he didn't have a blanket on hand he decided to put the cargo capacity o
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    @quadrcycle Good points as much as I hate to say you are right this type of truck is a volume seller but it still stings me as a pickup truck owner that properly equipped trucks are being shuffled off to the side as "Work Only Trucks".