Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Toyota Prius c Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Toyota

image2012 Toyota Prius c Long-Term Road Test

In the month of March, our 2012 Toyota Prius C bumped its lifetime average to 44.8 miles per gallon.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• ed124ced124c Posts: 0
    Impressive, but I don't think I could ever own such a pokey car. Even the standard Prius is too slow, and the V must be even slower. I am guessing it is the price that has spurred this C up to the point of being the #1 selling car in California. (I have a hard time believing it, though.) I wonder how many barrels of oil have been saved since Toyota invented the Prius. Unfortunately, all those barrels are being used on Chevy, Ford, and Ram trucks.
  • jpnpowerjpnpower Posts: 0
    The prius V isn't as bad as you think, still slow though. But, the Prius is for what I call "Tokyo drivers". Only those idiotic "car guys" like us care for driving fun. Ignore that, and the prius cars are very, very nice for flat, city road usage.
  • ed124ced124c Posts: 0
    Is "pokey" slower than "slow"? I wish I knew. The Prius V has the standard Prius' drivetrain and is much heavier than the Prius, uh, original model (damn, they need to give it a name). Which should make the V much slower than the car with no name (whooey, whooey, whoo!) And that's what I call Gumby-- I mean Pokey.