Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Nissan

image2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo First Drive

Edmunds' First Drive of the 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo. Includes driving impressions, specifications and photos of the most focused production GT-R yet.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• carzluvrzcarzluvrz Member Posts: 7
    Performance is not too shabby, but it's just too bad that it look so ugly. Why do Nissan have to make it so boy racerish ugly?
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Extra horsepower is well and good, but the GT-R didn't lack speed before, what it apparently lacked was sufficient cooling capacity. The brake cooling ducts are great (seriously, on a track car as heavy as this they are a necessity), but did they upgrade the engine cooling and/or intercoolers?
  • christoplechristople Member Posts: 27
    What I see happening is that Nissan will always tweak this car and never make a successor while the rest of the world moves on. It's great they keep making these tweaks to keep it relevant years later, but is there another GTR in sight? One that could keep up with whatever the rivals make next gen?

Judging by past Japanese companies histories, I don't see it. The only time I feel they raised the bar was when they had to compete with themselves; EVO/STI, 300ZX/Supra/RX-7

We get a halo car about once a decade where the manufacture turns out a product of legend: NSX/this GTR/LFA, but it seems they won't follow up with a new product right after.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that"

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    135K for a Nissan? Someone asked my yesterday... Then I showed them the stats this car puts out and compared it to a Ferrari and Lambo for more than double the price. Despite it's increased price tag over the years, nothing can really touch the GT-R in performance . It looks odd, but I like the design.
  • 1krider11krider1 Member Posts: 11
    Nissan raised the price on their GTR $30,000 in 2 years. Their greed insults our intelligence. If they retained the $63k invoice when launched, I would have bought one and they would have sold THOUSANDS of them, instead of the pathetic numbers they have.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    But why a Bose stereo? They suck in any car!
  • marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    I respect the capability of this car, but in the end, it's a Nissan. Those who care about nameplate cachet will never buy one no matter how capable.
  • martinbuckmartinbuck Member Posts: 3
    Re the "Nismo" designation, I wonder why Honda Motor Sports isn't known as "[non-permissible content removed]"?
  • alpha1epsilonalpha1epsilon Member Posts: 1
    so exactly where is the stingray track time at Nurburgring?

http://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times/lap-times-top-100/