Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Black-Box Rule Stirs Up Privacy Concerns

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in General

imageBlack-Box Rule Stirs Up Privacy Concerns

NHTSA is poised to propose a rule requiring event data recorders — more commonly known as black boxes — in all new light vehicles, raising concerns over driver privacy.

Read the full story here


Tagged:

Comments

  • Has Obama ever heard of the fifth amendment and/or the right of protection against illegal search & seizure?

    The first thing to do upon buying a new car is to rip these cancerous boxes right out from under the driver's seat where they reside.
  • It doesn't make sense that the industry hasn't already moved to make these universal in all vehicles. They're almost there: 90%. So the government has to step in and legislate the remaining 10%? Really?
Sign In or Register to comment.