Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2013 Ford Focus ST includes discussion of the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST ? the Focus ST's little brother.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Fiesta ST with 4-doors = fail for me.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Because if it's got 4 doors, then it's just a FWD hatchback. If it's got 2 doors, it's a SPORTS COUPE. Not just a 2-door FWD hatchback.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    You can have two door hatchbacks, or does the US insurance system or the EPA throw an error light if you say this.
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    You can have a two-door hatchback, but the premiums do tend to be a little higher. Although this may be due to the target market of a two-door vs. a four-door and the difference in risk on the part of the insurer.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Would most people buy this car over the Focus, or would they pony up the few thousand more to get into the Focus?
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The Beetle and Golf are both 2 door hatchbacks. I suspect that Ford thought the 4-door would be the most popular and just didn't see the point of spending money for the different tooling required to have a 2 door version.
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    @duck87 I'm certainly looking at it over the Focus. Less power, but considerably less weight. Looks to be more fun to throw around.

@bankerdanny Probably. The North American plant isn't tooled at all for the two-door body style. Would take a considerable
  • Options
    sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    4 doors for 4 seats. Why is it so difficult for some people to understand that? Sheesh, hatchbacks are supposed to be PRACTICAL first, otherwise just go buy a sport coupe.