Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Forte EX Long-Term Road Test

Getting crumby in Edmunds.com's long-term road test of the 2014 Kia Forte EX.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Compressed air - ? I think I'd rather suck the crumbs out of the holes with a vacuum instead of blowing them inside of the seat cushions. Eww... Of course, as someone who lets kids eat in the car, you probably don't see why that would be an issue. JK...mostly.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Perforated seats are not a requirement for the heating elements. My 1999 TL has heated seats and non-perforated leather.
  • Options
    nukedetroit2nukedetroit2 Member Posts: 27
    "Hence the holes." Try again, Frio.
  • Options
    ed341ed341 Member Posts: 0
    I'd be interested to see how the "leather" seats are described by KIA, since it appears to me the actual seating surface is faux leather and the bolster area is real leather. Which is the opposite of a lot "leather seating surfaces" description many manufacturers provide.
  • Options
    Wow Edmunds...no updates since Sunday? F for Effort?
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    The company seems to be going south...
  • Options
    "Going.." I still can't fathom what the purpose of the homepage is. Am I supposed to open it and say" I feel like researching, oh I don't know, coupes today?" then click on it to see if there is anything new? And I assure you there won't be anything new.
  • Options
    dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    Indeed, the Forte's having perforated leather isn't related to the rear seat's heating elements. It's due to the driver's seat being ventilated. Sure, Kia could have used different stuff on the other seats, but that would look rather odd.