Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

10 Cars That Should Never Be Made

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    ROFLMAO! The "Rear Drive Look" feature is priceless and clearly shows your knowledge of certain similar tricks Ford has pulled in the past. Could the Aston DB150 succeed where the Lincoln Blackwood failed? Discuss.
  • Options
    akula1akula1 Member Posts: 0
    Slow week huh...
  • Options
    fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    what the frack did I just read... must wash eyes...
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Clickbait much?
  • Options
    dagmar3dagmar3 Member Posts: 8
    Great analysis!

But why so late? wasn't this supposed to have been published about the first of April?
  • Options
    frank908frank908 Member Posts: 48
    It wasn't long ago that Inside Line was my go-to car blog. Today? Not so much. Actually, not at all.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    An Aston Martin pickup truck. A Ferrari minivan... that looks like it just rear-ended a semi. And a Toyota Prius that literally says F-U to other drivers. Are you SURE this article wasn't supposed to come out 11 weeks ago?
  • Options
    ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    just dumb and not really funny.
  • Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    You're a little late for April Fools but these are certainly awful ideas that no car company would entertain seriously. There is one exception, the Jeep Granchero. I'd prefer a Wrangler-based (diesel)
    pickup but that's kinda cool looking.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options
    henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    At first glance, I thought this story was true! With some of these, a case can be made for production. I especially liked the license plate on the "Forone" - So Ronery...classic!
  • Options
    kyree_williamskyree_williams Member Posts: 0
    Slow news day, huh? That's okay; this was highly entertaining. I wouldn't put it past Marchionne to put Ferrari's prestigious badge on something Chrysler and charge $100K a pop for it.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    You did have me fooled for a bit because SOME of these ideas are not so outlandish. ...Not as design exercises, anyway. I can totally imagine an auto exec instructing a design team to develop a concept of a subcompact Acura starting at $20k, or a 35mpg Mustang, or a Mini Countryman that attracts more women buyers, if their analysts told them these markets were under-served or strategically important to enter (e.g., Mustang III for CAFE reasons).
  • Options
    emvxlemvxl Member Posts: 1
    I agree with frank908 - this used to be a site that I read for up to date car news - not so much anymore. Must find a new site to replace Edmund's sensationalized news reporting.
  • Options
    chunkeechunkee Member Posts: 1
    What a retarded photoshop job. Writer of this article, you are a loser.
  • Options
    musclecar61musclecar61 Member Posts: 2
    So the Mustang III is the new pony car? So much for the mustang and most popular Ford car ever. Didn't Ford learn anything from the Mustang II which really SUCKED!