Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Range Rover Evoque Convertible Gets Green Light

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

Comments

• dagmar3dagmar3 Member Posts: 8
    The Evoq must have quite a following outside of North America. Less than 9% of their sales have been in the US and Canada.
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    "The Range Rover Evoque convertible, which takes aim at the Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet,"

yeah , and how many has Nissan sold? Is it up to three or four now? I forgot ..I lost count.
  • zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    Oh, great. The Murano Cabriolet finally has some competition. No one could have seen that coming! No, really. LOL!!!
  • openeyes1openeyes1 Member Posts: 22
    @RichardBremner; FYI, due to it's elevated ride height this vehicle is a drop top SUV, and definitely not a Crossover. The Nissan Cabriolet is also an SUV, it's just like putting lipstick on a pig, doesn't change the pig into something else.
  • seppo57seppo57 Member Posts: 1
    To quote from the Edmunds article about "The Top 10 Automotive Failures of the Last Decade" (http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/top-10-automotive-failures-of-the-last-decade.html) about the top spot:

"Is there really a section of the population that wants a convertible SUV?"
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    An Evoque convertible makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    "An Evoque convertible makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine".

"it's just like putting lipstick on a pig, doesn't change the pig into something else".

Yes....... these cliche' sayings sound so much better when I 've heard them for the 51st time.