Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

Comments

• Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    Mike, great writing! More like this please--a pleasure to read some of the unique aspects of this road trip. I can envision the exploding tumbleweed, and the frozen crud flying out of the treads. I am very surprised that the car was not affected by crosswinds--I would have thought it was light enough to be a little scary in that kind of wind.
  • Options
    ne_blackshirtsne_blackshirts Member Posts: 56
    Just inside Lincoln is gas station located at 40th & A st that sells 100 Sunoco at the pump. The wind has been bad around here but in the summer months there are a lot of off highways that can be fun especially in a new Vette or 911. I remember when Edmunds traveled through this area in the 911 and stopped for BBQ in Ashland, NE which is a back highway that runs from Omaha into Lincoln and got to follow a Ducati Diavel.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Probably not a good idea to take a car that needs 91 octane down to 0 DTE in a place like Nebraska, although I have been to Lincoln, which is the state capitol, and I assure you they have 91 octane gas there. And I think tractor trailers with no cabs are just...trailers.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    While this is a great read, it has gotta hurt the resale of this car to a private party ( i.e. not Carmax). If they follow Edmunds.
    People want to buy fair weather rides. Sports cars taken out on dry sunny days for a quick romp. Not something driven thousands of miles on salted/ gritted roads. I'm curious to see what kind of shape the paint is in after it gets washed back in LA.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    the miles racked up on this car is going to kill the resale more than anything else! The paint on the long term Jaguar XF took a serious beating on its road trip through hell frozen over. Hopefully a good detailing and you're back in business. I never thought I'd read about a long term Corvette going through this kind of touring.
  • Options
    kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    I have the utmost faith in the GM engine management to deal with that tank of 87. No worries there.
  • Options
    ptmwxptmwx Member Posts: 2
    Nice shot of Georgetown Lake in #1 there. Glad you were able to make it through the high country in between storms. If you bring the vette back to CO in the summer, exit in Evergreen and run it up Squaw Pass Road and down to Idaho Springs.
  • Options
    edbradleyedbradley Member Posts: 15
    Tough life, Mikey - hang in there, dude - nowhere to go but up from here, right?