Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

Comments

• Hey so how does the Bluetooth Voice recognition work with the upgraded RNS 510? My 315 is a bit tempermental and doesn't always recognize names.
  • Hopefully something will break on this soon so I can stop thinking about looking at one. I need to keep my current car a few more years to ease the depreciation. But that is what I get for buying new.
  • Hopefully something will break on this soon so I can stop thinking about looking at one. I need to keep my current car a few more years to ease the depreciation. But that is what I get for buying new.
  • We are very happy with our 2013 TDI SEL. The only real issues are the very fuzzy rearview camera (please post if yours isn't fuzzy so I have some ammo when talking to the dealer) and the slow as molasses radio/nav system which takes way too long to process inputs.
  • The trunk is huge, but the light is very sad. You can barely see the whole trunk in dark. I don't understand why VW didn't add another light on the driver side, or even on the trunk roof? There is a DIY on VW forum that shows you how to add tiny bright LED lights. I added 4 and it made a huge difference. I wish I can post a picture to show y'all.