Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Chevy Tough. Like A Rock. You used a photo that has NO AMERICAN FLAG in it, however. Fail.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Still needs a long bed to be considered anything but a SUT.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Pretty cool entry. May God Bless America.
  • Options
    trmckintrmckin Member Posts: 10
    Short bed considered a SUT huh? I primarily tow with my truck and now that I have kids, it makes even more sense. Still fits in the garage, can still parallel park it, and it tows well. Can still haul plywood, bed extender works when needed in the few instances I've actually needed a longer bed... Bash away. These trucks fit the bill for a lot of people. Just haul less air....
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I see short bed hate is alive and well. I have driven long bed crew cab pickups for work from time to time, and unless you need the bed space for your employment they are unmaneuverable overkill.
  • Options
    giganticsalsagiganticsalsa Member Posts: 2
    Sorry Brent, America is now a country of handouts and do nothings, just like our president!~
  • Options
    09rich109rich1 Member Posts: 3
    Where exactly is this new Silverado built? Many of the previous model 1500s (Chevys and Gmc trucks) were assembled in Mexico.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    What an odd post. Seems to have more to do with ideology than the truck.
    @giganticsalsa: Please, no politics.
  • Options
    okbeartoyokbeartoy Member Posts: 34
    Oh and folks there is no long bed version for crew cabs on the 2014 Silverado/Sierra, 5.5' or 6.5', long beds appear to only be offered on the regular cab 1/2 ton trucks.. So far I have not seen a single crew cab truck that was made in the United States, all are built in Mexico. The double cab and regular cab trucks are made in the United States. Not sure if there are plans to build the crew cabs in this country or not.. North America yes, U.S. perhaps not..