Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Grassroots Campaign Springs Up To Bring Honda Civic Type R to U.S.

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

Comments

• Options
    dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    Honda, PLEASE, for once, get your head out of your a$$e$. None of this number-crunching, bean-counting bull. Get the product over here. You are losing reputation and losing customers to more interesting niche products and it needs to stop. Stop this self-sabotage and get back to building great niche cars, i.e., S2000, Acura Type R's, CL, Prelude, etc. Make the products truly global, i.e., BMW X6, and even if sales in the US are low, global sales should still make it profitable at the least. They won't be volume cars, but they help garner interest in the brand(s). Do it. Do it now for the love of all things on four wheels.
  • Options
    engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    The Civic Type R is an impressive car but I would prefer that this powerful turbocharged engine be used in a sports car or sports coupe with sleek, sexy body work. Imagine if the Prelude were brought back to life with this engine. The Prelude was always based on the Accord chassis, which would help keep development costs down. I would also recommend adding a “super-strut” suspension geometry and a helical LSD to close the gap in handling with rear-wheel drive cars. Keep it affordable and my dream car would become reality.