Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru To Unveil First Hybrid Model at 2013 New York Auto Show

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

imageSubaru To Unveil First Hybrid Model at 2013 New York Auto Show

Subaru confirmed for Edmunds that its first hybrid model will be unveiled at the 2013 New York Auto Show, but that it will not be based on the redesigned 2014 Subaru Forester.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    slovanslovan Member Posts: 10
    Is that mean Subaru will test hybrid waters with (most likely) smaller Impreza?
    I think I rather see Outback-hybrid...
    Rear wheels will be driven by el-motor(s) like in Highlander-hybrid?
  • Options
    jacksan1jacksan1 Member Posts: 504
    Some Japanese sources are saying that Subaru's first hybrid will be based on the XV Crosstrek, to be released in the Japanese market in 2013.
  • Options
    jacksan1jacksan1 Member Posts: 504
    Just located a Nikkei article dated 1/14/2013. It says that the Subaru hybrid is "expected to be based on the Impreza, with a displacement of approximately 2 Liter." The release in the Japanese domestic market is "this summer."
  • Options
    subarularrysubarularry Member Posts: 4
    I am a manager at Sheehy Subaru in Springfield, VA. We had a meeting on the 1st of this month at the DC Auto Show with the Subaru Rep. He confirmed with us that the Hybrid will be available only in the Crosstrek. It will also add a "Green" Exterior color to the line-up for the Crosstrek. This Crosstrek will be available in the last qtr. of this year. Expect late fall.
  • Options
    I am a manager at Sheehy Subaru in Springfield, VA. We had a meeting on the 1st of this month at the DC Auto Show with the Subaru Rep. He confirmed with us that the Hybrid will be available only in the Crosstrek. It will also add a "Green" Exterior color to the line-up for the Crosstrek. This Crosstrek will be available in the last qtr. of this year. Expect late fall.
  • Options
    This Hybrid Crosstrek WILL BE AVAILABLE IN AMERICA THIS FALL/EARLY WINTER!
  • Options
    This Hybrid Crosstrek WILL BE AVAILABLE IN AMERICA THIS FALL/EARLY WINTER!