Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Honda CR-V Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

image2012 Honda CR-V Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• kwahamotkwahamot Member Posts: 2
    Good write up Dan! I have the same problem with my 2012 CR-V, though nothing like what you experienced in Nevada.

I hope Honda will update the software to fix that annoying message. It's different than other notifications in that it completely overrides the volume of whatever audio is playing, usually the most interesting part of a talk show or news story. Even the "fasten seatbelt" warning is less in your face than the Bluetooth connection note. For most notifications you can turn off voice completely so it just plays the chime with radio or whatever still audible.

Maybe there's a hack to permanently turn it off. If I'm alert enough I can dismiss it by quickly hitting an audio or nav button.

Second complaint: Why does the navigation system have to display the Confirmation screen every time it starts up? It's minor, and probably due to legal paranoia, but it makes me miss the days of analog controls.

Thirdly: Cracking a window a few inches during highway speeds results in a bad case of interior "wind hammer" (or whatever it's called). Not good for the ear drums! I always have to crack two windows at a time.

Other than those three things, and a bit of instability with gusty crosswind, I love my 2012 CR-V. Our 1 year anniversary is this Mother's Day!