Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volkswagen Alltrack To Target Subaru XV Crosstrek in U.S.

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

imageVolkswagen Alltrack To Target Subaru XV Crosstrek in U.S.

The Volkswagen Alltrack, an all-wheel-drive wagon aimed at Subaru's XV Crosstrek, is expected to hit showrooms in the U.S. in December 2014, Edmunds has learned.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    wackfordwackford Member Posts: 41
    Awesome! I really hope it does come here. It will be a great addition to the VW range and should compete well with Subaru. If it were to offer a diesel variant, together with the AWD, it would differentiate itself from any other products. I will be eagerly waiting for further news.
  • Options
    hotrodwhotrodw Member Posts: 0
    That's very good news. One additional request: PLEASE offer the GTD's more powerful TDI to the powertrain offerings. Or better yet - just offer an AWD GTD Sportwagen. Oh yeah!
  • Options
    pommahpommah Member Posts: 71
    I had a Subaru Outback. 180,000 problem-free miles. I had a VW product, an Audi A4. Constant problems, ditched it at 120,000 miles. The Subaru AWD system is much more robust; any pothole strike and I was looking at $100 alignment cost on the Audi (and if you don't do it, you'll wear out a tire quickly).

If you want an awd wagonette, go Subaru. They know what they're doing.
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Some styling would be nice
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    If VW keeps the price within a couple grand of Subaru, they'll sell a few. I'm kinda surprised the Crosstrek is selling as well as it is with the Forester in the line-up.
    No accounting for taste.