Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Looks like one of the headlights is malfunctioning in our ATS. Time for a trip to the dealer to see what's really going on.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68
    If this was my new car I would be really mad. It seems to be putting out a lot of faults. It's like owning an abused 10 year old C class or 3 series. Maybe this is a beaten up press car or something?
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    So it puts out a warning on power steering failure, but the steering works fine, and a lighting failure, but the lights work fine. I suggested those items might not be broken at all then, and the faults might lie in the sensors or the computer than interprets them. That got me two thumbs down. I dunno, I'm feeling like I might be vindicated soon.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Oh yeah and there was the erroneous weather advisory right before that. So either everything went wrong at once, or the display and/or the computer controlling it is on the fritz. Occam's Razor says...
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    so they aimed for BMW with the handling and Lucas for the electronics.
  • Options
    barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    As reliable as cars in general have gotten, I think the Japanese still do electronics the best. You shouldn't have to worry about breakdowns or major repairs with any manufacturer, but glitches like this can still drive you crazy.