Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cadillac Reveals Next Generation of Bling With 2015 Escalade

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

imageCadillac Reveals Next Generation of Bling With 2015 Escalade

Cadillac's King of Bling, the Escalade, is all-new for 2015 with more power, more tech and LEDs, and stitching galore.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mycatcroakedmycatcroaked Member Posts: 6
    At least it's not as frumpy, nor does it look like it's trying too hard, save for the huge logo and towering rear LEDs. My question for this - and all new vehicles with front/rear LEDs is this: Why are the front LEDs white instead of amber? Turn signals have always been amber (except red in the rear of some cars for some reason). Amber signals/parking light look better to me. Audi started this idiotic move to white and now we're stuck with it. Why? Is it more expensive for amber LEDs? For that matter, why do many vehicles have LED parking lights but use a traditional bulb for the turn signals? I don't get it. How much could all LEDs possibly cost? Anyhow, the use of white LEDs is entirely unappealing to me, as well as anything but amber-colored turn signals.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    The headline that leaped into my head when I saw your cover photo was, "2015 Cadillac Escalade: Now with More Excess!"
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    The turn signal LEDs are amber when operated. I don't know if Audi are using dual colour LEDs or just have white and amber ones mounted alternately very close together so that the white ones go off and the amber ones come on when you use the turn signals. Remember that LEDs are tuned to emits a certain light, they do not need a lens like an incandescent bulb.
  • Options
    lsiii_lsiii_ Member Posts: 7
    It's not my cup of tea, but it looks good for what it is. I would probably opt for a Denali instead if I were in the market for one of the GM triplets. The one thing that I can't get past is that big old school column shifter. Wonder how something like the Mercedes shifter or anything else(rotarty dial, buttons, floor shifter like the CTS, ATS, and XTS) would have looked. Overall it's a much better effort than current one in terms of differentiating itself from it's lesser brethren, but still could use a little work here and there to widen the gap.

Also wonder if they ever considered an independent rear suspension, or was it too complex and expensive to adapt the pickup platform the was designed for a solid rear axle.